From the earliest record players and rudimentary radios to the more recent eight-track devices, component stereos, and cassette decks, we’ve witnessed some incredible audio developments over the past several decades; however, it’s important to note that today’s systems and components are truly a sight to behold.
With the rise of high-resolution sound, wireless streaming, Bluetooth compatibility, portable smart speakers, and intuitive home audio systems, we are truly in a golden age of sound quality, acoustic depth, and auditory clarity, which explains why the global audio market is well on its way to a €15 billion valuation by the year 2022.
However, it’s worth mentioning that these innovations and modernisms have complicated the purchase process for many consumers, largely due to the fact that there is a seemingly infinite selection of products in today’s day and age. So if you happen to be shopping for JBL speakers in Singapore, for instance, feel free to use this brief article as an introductory guide to understanding the ins and outs of today’s most prominent audio products and sound solutions.
Portable Bluetooth Speakers
These speakers are perfect for anyone who wishes to have access to crisp, powerful sound whilst on the go but if you’d like to avoid the all-too-common feeling of buyer’s remorse following your purchase, the onus is on you to find a portable Bluetooth speaker that comes equipped with the features shown below:
- Wireless Bluetooth connection for up to two devices
- 12+ hours of playtime (rechargeable Li-ion battery)
- IPX7 waterproof designation
- Built-in speakerphone with noise- and echo-cancelling properties
- Voice assistant integration (such as Siri or Google)
- Dual external passive radiators (such as JBL’s Bass Radiator implement)
Home Audio Systems
Regardless of whether you are trying to establish a robust home cinema or simply love jamming out to tunes within the confines of your living room, it’s important to pick the right home audio system for your abode. In this regard, you’ll want to be on the lookout for the following aspects:
- 120-200 watts of built-in power
- Inclusive amplifiers, woofers, and tweeters built into each soundbar
- Bluetooth compatibility
- HDMI connectivity for easy setup
- Internal digital decoding provisions
- Virtual surround sound capability (such as JBL’s Display Surround technology)
Regardless of whether you wish to purchase in-ear buds or over-the-ear headphones, it’s in your best interests to try out the products in a physical store. If your heart is set on purchasing an online item, though, you’ll want to seek out headphones that come equipped with the following features:
- Touch control technology (allows you to control playback by touching the outside of each earbud)
- A minimum of 10 hours of playback time if the product is wireless and battery-operated
- Ergonomic fit
- Reflective cables for style as well as nighttime visibility
With this valuable reference guide at your disposal, you’re more than ready to start evaluating your options and make a great final purchase. Feel free to print out this brief article and use it as a checklist during your research; it will help you stay focused on the salient details that truly matter when purchasing an audio product.