The push notification feature can be quite the hassle for android users. It deprives users of the perfect android experience with delayed notifications and alerts.
This can get especially frustrating with your Gmail app or with other messaging apps that demand instant notifications.
If you too are facing the issue of unresponsive notifications on your android device and have to wait for a long time to get your alerts, try these simple methods to fix this issue permanently.
- Have the Google Connectivity Services App disabled
This problem is most common with newer versions of the Android operating system. This solution is only applicable for the latest Android OS and is perfectly suited for issues with Gmail or Hangout notification issues. You can disable Google connectivity app with these simple steps:
- Go to settings on your device and click on “Apps”
- On the top right, click on the three dots and select “Show System” in the drop down menu.
- When the new screen opens, scroll down and open “Google connectivity services”
- Then choose the force stop option and click on “disable”. Confirm it to disable to app.
- Disable Battery Optimization for the app with delayed notification
Although they are power saving options, they can delay notifications significantly. Follow these steps to disable battery optimization for selected apps:
- Go to setting and choose the “apps” option
- Click on the gear icon on the top right and then choose “battery optimization.”
- On the drop down menu choose “all apps”
- Click on the app that you want to fix and choose “Don’t optimize” and confirm.
- Download push notification fixer
You can download this free app on the Google App Store.
- Install the app and grant root access.
- After launching the app, go to the main menu and set the “mobile heartbeat interval”. Increase the frequency for instant notifications.
- Go back to the main menu and also change the “Wi-Fi heartbeat interval”
- On the main menu, choose apply settings and reboot your device.
- Disable battery saver on your device
Battery saver does give you more screen time but compromises the performance of your device. To disable it, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” and open the Battery menu.
- Click on the top right corner for a drop down menu.
- Choose “Battery Saver” and disable the feature with a toggle switch.
- Disable task killer app
Task killer force stops most apps and therefore prevents instant notifications. So, it is best to disable this app.
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
This makes sure that you always get your alerts even if the device is in sleep mode. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to “Settings” and click on the Wi-Fi menu
- Click on the menu icon and select “Advanced Wi-Fi”
- Once the menu opens, switch the “Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep” option.
You can get high performance mobile phones online on mobilephonescomparison.co.uk. Get contract phones with free gifts and deals to get the best value for your money.