How to install Siri on iPad, iPad 2 and iPhone using Spire Cydia Package
Siri is a personal voice assistant which allows you to make calls, send messages set reminders and much more just using your voice. Actually Apple made Siri available only for iPhone 4S. But what about other people who want, for example, use Siri on iPad? Now, thanks to well known developer @chpwn (Grand Pauhl), having Siri on iPad is totally possible. Don’t worry, no technical knowledge needed. Anyone can have Siri on his iPad as it’s just one more installation process.
How to install Siri on my iPad is your question? So, keep reading our helpful post.
We have seen a lot of unofficial ports for Siri to iOS 5 Apple devices. But, now, thanks to developer @chpwn, users can legally have Siri on their iPad, iPod Touch and older iPhone versions running iOS 5.
This incredible tweak called Spire is available now to install through Cydia. However it requires some checkpoints:
- Your iOS 5 device must be jailbroken. use out guide iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak
- You should have access to an iPhone 4S to obtain some required info for authentication
- You should have your Siri Proxy Setup
First requirement is pretty understandable for many users, but what should we do with those 2 more?
Spire is not a complete solution. Apple still requires authorization to use Siri, so information from an iPhone 4S is still required. To insert this information, Spire allows you to enter your own proxy server address. I’ve put up a list of my ideas on how you might get access to a proxy; hopefully you can figure something out.
To obtain Siri Proxy @chpwn advises:
- westbaer’s SiriProxy fork
- Own an iPhone 4S too: Maybe you already own an iPhone 4S, and just want Siri on another device of yours. This is simple; you can just use the above proxy yourself.
- Find a friend: Maybe your friend has an iPhone 4S and will let you use their authentication tokens (maybe in exchange for some cool Siri Proxy plugins). Then, you can share the authentication. Or, maybe you gave your relative your old iPhone when you got your iPhone 4S: now you can share your token and give them Siri.
- Pay up: It’s very likely that soon we will see for-pay services online to rent you some space on a Siri proxy, attached to one of their iPhone 4S devices. I haven’t seen anything like this yet, but I’ll keep my eye out, and I would encourage anyone who is interested to set something like this up.
- And now for something completely different: As I suggested earlier, you might be able to replace Siri entirely. A simple method might be to use Google Chrome’s speech “API” hooked up to some code to decode the Siri requests and parse Google’s result. Or, someone could hook it up to some logic backends like many of the clones available on Android: the possibilities are endless.
So now, as the Siri for iPad installing process became clearer, please follow our easy tutorials:
How to Install Spire Cydia Tweak [Siri for iPad]
Launch Cydia from your jailbroken iOS 5 device
In Cydia go to Manage > Sources > Edit >Add repo http://smolk.myreposorce.com to Sources
With Cydia running go to “Search” tab and type: “Spire”
Click on “Install” button to install it to your device.
Please note that Spire is only compatible with untethered jailbroken iDevices runing iOS 5 , it means no tethered or semitethered jailbeak supported. But you can use our guide How to Jailbreak iPad2 iOS 5.0.1 Untethered to easily do it. The second important point is that you may want to be connected to your Wi-Fi when installing Spire as it will download more that 100MB and some files are very important as they are directly from the Apple Servers.
Fixing Cannot Comply conflict. Before installing Spire you will receive the message:
Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automaticaly found or fixed.
The conflict is GSC and device is iPad. This mean it doesn’t work for iPad and as you can see in Spire install menu in Cydia: Spire is a simple installer for Siri on any iPhone or iPod on iOS 5.0 , the developers doesn’t promise iPad to work with app, but lets be positive and try to fix this conflict.
Solving gsc.ipad conflict:
Go to /Sysyem/Libray/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app folder on your iPad, search for K48AP.plist file and open it. Personally, I prefer to use iFile app from Cydia to create and edit files on my iPad. iPad 2 users has to search for K94AP.plist.
Search for the string:
And Replace it to:
Don’t forget to save changes in K48AP.plist file. You can always change this string back to <true/> after the Sripe installation is complete.
Install Spire after fixing gsc.ipad conflict.
This time you should successfuly pass through the installation process. iPad will reboot after installation. Sometimes it just turns off instead of rebooting, so in this case just simply turn it on.
Once you install the Spire, go to your device Settings and tap on “Spire”. Now, in Spire settings tab, you will see a text area to enter a Proxy Host (copy proxy settings from an actual iPhone 4S or get them from 3rd parties).
Don’t panic if you don’t have Proxy Servers. You will probably get them in few days when people will start to deliver URL’s to their Proxy Servers for other people to connect to. Please check our Spire Proxy Servers list.
Turn on Siri in Settings/Siri
All done! Now you can enjoy using Siri (previously just for iPhone 4S) on your iPad, iPod Touch or older version iPhone.
You can subscribe to our newsletter to check out the updates.Please feel free to share your questions and/or thoughts regarding to how to install Siri on your iPad, iPod Touch or older versions of iPhone.
Update: from now you can you Spire without iPhone 4s keys. Use our guide on how to install Spire Proxy Server without 4s tokens.
Since we had lots of requests concerning setting up Siri Proxy we’ve created a support team for solving your questions. If you need any help setting up Siri proxy or if you’d like someone to set it up for you just drop us a line to [email protected] and tell us about your problem and your offer.
You might also like to read:
Incoming search terms:
- gsc assistant
- where do I get gsc assistant in Cydia
- cydia manage source
- gsc ipad
- how to fix siri on an ipad